A SUPERSPECIALITY UNIT OF MAHAVIR AROGYA SANSTHAN
Though an ophthalmic unit was already in service at Mahavir Arogya Sansthan it was proposed to set up a separate superspeciality unit “Mahavir Netralaya” to cater the needs of increasing number of Eye patients and provide quality services to them for which the patients were going outside state to Chennai, Sitapur, Aligarh, The Mahavir Netralaya was accordingly established and was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Bihar Shri Nitish Kumar Jee on 21.01.2006. The Netralaya has extended quality services to a large number of patient on nominal cost. Specialist from Shankar Netralaya Chennai and other reputed Eye Hospital at kolkota, Aligarh, Sitapur are visiting the Sansthan at frequent interval and extending their expertise to the poor patients of the Sansthan. Affordable rate has been fixed for all services. At present more than 300 new patients and approximately 200 old patient (total 500 patient) are attending the OPD daily. The poor patients are treated free. Mahavir Netralaya is also running sub speciality clinics like Glaucoma clinic, Retina Clinic, pediatric ophthalmology clinic, Squint clinic, Diabetic Retinopathy clinic apart from the normal day to day work. Senior Eye Specialist of patna are rendering their free services to the sansthan.
- A centre of specialized and comprehensive eye treatment at affordable cost.
- Working effectively to esteem satisfaction of the Patients for last nine years.
- Affordable cataract operation by Phaco emulsification, Topical Phaco without injection.
- Catering to all sorts of eye problem both anterior and posterior segment.
- Patients from all over Bihar being referred to Mahavir Netralaya for specialized investigation and management of complicated eye problems.
- Subsidised and well equipped Optical Shop for the benefit of patients.
- Contact Lens service of different types available at Mahavir Netralaya.
- Has superspecialised sub-branches in ophthalmology such as:
- Cataract – Topical Phaco, MICS with Ultra modern Phaco machines.
- Glaucoma– Diagnosis and management by NCT, HFA, OCT, Surgery
- Pediatric Ophthalmology – Squint Sx, Ptosis Sx, Congenital Cat, etc.
- Squint Clinic – Exercises and Surgery of one / both eye
- Retina Clinic – R D Surgery, Endophthalmitis, Dropped Nucleus/IOLs
- Lasers – YAG Laser and Green Laser
- FACILITIES AVAILABLE:-
- LIST OF EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AT MAHAVIR NETRALAYA
(A) SICS/Phaco Operation.
(B) Specialist Glucoma Treatment.
(C) Squint Operation and Exercise.
(D) DCR, DCT.
(E) Oculoplastic Surgery.
(F) Medical Retina, Surgical Retina.
(G) FFA (Laser Fundus Camera).
(H) Refraction by Auto Refractometer.
(I) Non contact Tonometer (NCT)
(J) Green Laser, YAG laser
(K) Contact Lens.
(L) Automated Perimeter.
(M) B Scan.
(N) A Scan Biometry (A-scan immersion Machine)
(O) OCT ( Optical Coherence Tomography)
An OPTICAL SHOP (MAHAVIR OPTICALS) is also run by the Netralaya providing quality frames and glasses at low cost. The working hours are 9 AM to 5.00 PM.
- Contact Lens
- B Scan
- Grid Laser
- PRP Laser
- Focal Laser
In October 2012 Mahavir Netrlaya has started retinal Surgery the first in any institution in Bihar. This includes surgery like RD surgery, Core virectomy, PPV, PPL, PFCL, Silicon oil, dropped nucleus. The people of Bihar now have a choice not to go the higher centres outside Bihar for super specialized care.
Compact Eye Checkup 50/- Registration Charge for Complete Eye checkup including Refraction and ophthalmic Exam valid for one month.
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS AVAILABLE AT MAHAVIR NETRALAYA
- Slit Lamp
- Auto Refractometer
- A Scan
- Chair Unit
- Green Laser
- Automated Perimeter
- Operating Microscope
- Phaco Machine
- Indirect Ophthalmoscope-
- Direct Ophthalmoscope
- YAG Laser
- Operating Table
- Applanation Tonometer
- B- Scan
- Raticare Machine (Retinal Surgery)