Why Mahavir Mandir, Patna is now reckoned one of the top temples in the country?
- On the JIO Live Darshan it was chosen as seventh temple in the whole country to be provided this facility of Live Darshan.
It is the first temple in the North India to have this facility of Live Darshan.
It is the first Hanuman temple in the country which has been provided this facility of Live Darshan.
- In the known history of Ayodhya for centuries it is the first temple which is providing free food to the pilgrims of Ayodhya. Hundreds of pilgrims participate in the free Ram Rasoi every day and spread the charitable activities of Mahavir Mandir in every part of the country.
- Now, when community meal in Ram Rasoi is closed because of corona virus, it has undertaken to feed all the needy people at Ayodhya and in the vicinity. It is providing free meal to 2000-3000 persons per day.
- It is the first temple in the country to have the honours of providing Laddoos and halwa for the bhog of Rama Lala on his birthday (Ram Navami) after he has won the case and moved from tent to new abode. For daily bhog of Ram Lala it is already providing Govind Bhog rice sanctified by the water coming from the first century temple Mundeshwari Mandir at Kaimur hills.
- It is the first temple which has been successfully running Sita Rasoi at Sitamarhi, the birth place of Sita Mata. It is providing free meal to all pilgrims visiting the place.
- It is the first temple in the country to offer a donation of Rs. 10 crore to the proposed Ram Mandir at Ayodhaya immediately after the Supreme Court decision on 9th November, 2019. It has already donated Rs. 2 crore to the Ram Mandir Trust.
- It is the only temple in the country to provide legal assistance in the Ram Janma Bhumi case both at Allahabad High Court and in the Supreme Court.
- It is the first temple to provide cashless treatment to all cancer patients up to the age of 18 years.
It is the first temple to offer one unit of blood to its patients for just 100 Rupees and provide free meals to all 600 indoor patients.
It is the first temple which was to start treatment and operation of congenital patients (having hole in heart since birth) from 28th March, 2020. But it is deferred because of lock-down arising out of corona virus. It will start soon after the situation is normal.
It is the first temple in North India, which has established 5 (five) big hospitals. Its Cancer Hospital (Mahavir Cancer Sansthan) and Paedriatic Hospital (Mahavir Vaatsalya Aspatal) rank amongst best in the country.
- It is the first temple in the country to appoint a dalit priest as back as 13th June, 1993 in the presence of religious stalwart like Late Ram Chandra Paramhans of Ayodhya and Late Yogi Avedyanath, the two highly revered saints of the country.
- It is the first temple in the country to donate 1 crore rupees to fight corona virus. It transferred one crore rupees to the Bihar C.M. Relief Fund on 26th March, 2020.
- It is one of very few temples in the country which has assiduously built harmonious relation with religious shrines of all faiths.
- It is the first temple in North India which combined philanthropy with rituals and judiciously utilized the surplus fund of the temple for the welfare of public at large.
- It is the only temple of Hanumanji in the country which has two idols of Lord Hanuman in the same sanctum. It is believed that one wards off evils and another fulfills all desires. It is called Manokamana Pooran Mandir.
- It is one temple where Lord Buddha is worshiped along with other deities. This Mahavir temple houses a very impressive idol of Lord Buddha.
- In this temple Sabari, the great devotee, is seen offering ‘ber’ to Ram and she is worshipped along with Ram and Lakshaman.
- On the Ram Navami festival it attracts the second largest crowd, next to that at Ayodhya.
- The sale of Naivedyam (Laddoos for bhog) in the temple for offering to the deities is second highest in the country after the proverbial sale at Tirupati.
- It is one temple in the country which has, though not having been a traditional teerth, taken such a long stride in such a short period that it is going to make impressive marks in many more areas.
Mahavir Mandir, Patna